I've always loved reading Gertrude Stein's writing.
POP Quiz time! How do these three bits of HTML get parsed?
- <foo bar=baz/> (no space between the value and the slash
- <foo bar=baz /> (space after the unquoted value)
- <foo bar="baz"/> (quoted attribute value)
- Each Perl module file needs to declare pragmas at the top of the file for them to have any effect. This is irritating. All this time I thought I was coding in modern perl, with strict and warnings enabled. Adding those things back has been a PITA. At least this time I was smart enough to build a test suite.
- Test::More doesn't handle UTF8 well at all. Because of how it duplicates the standard file handles, you can't easily change STDOUT etc to handle UTF8.